Monday, February 28, 2011

Weather in Ohio- what fun!

Thursday night it began to snow, by Friday morning at 5:00 a.m. it was falling at the rate of 2 inches an hour!  My drive into the the daily grind was a white knuckle prayer fest.  Schools all over the area were closed, roads were a nightmare at best.  My boys spent 2 solid hours shoveling before enjoying another snow day at home.

By the time I left work, around 4:00p.m., the snow melt had already begun.  I arrived home to a driveway that looked as if it never saw a flake.  The weekend was more of the same, mild to cool temps and lots of melt.

Last night, as if in competition, the rains came.  The rain brought the misery of flooding and mud to add to the already melting snow pack.  I arrived at my office to find 2 inches of water that I spent the better part of an hour trying to squeegee from the floor.

I suppose that the bright side to this is that the water table is rising, but I just have to say that Spring can't here to soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment