Sunday, July 24, 2011

Words of Praise and Worship

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jeremiah 29:11


This oft-quoted verse, known by some many, fills me with both awe and challenge. The God of the universe, who sets the electrons in their paths around a nucleus, has taken time to think about me. He has not only considered me, He has made a plan for me.

The challenge in that verse is in the daily living. Do we truly trust God in times of trial that He really has a plan for our lives? The second part of the challenge is have we set our ideas on what it means to prosper in accordance to His will? What is our response if our expectations are not met by God? That is the challenge of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment