Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring is in the air

Well it's been a long, non-posting winter for me. The Lord has called me into a ministry that has been taking a lot of my time. However, I miss posting thoughts here and interacting with a few friends I've made, so hopefully I'll be able to juggle them.

Some catching up:



1) I am one of the directors of The Resistancehttp://www.resistancenet.org/. We are a truly non-traditional ministry. Our goal is to be a mission to the churches in our area. A lot of them are small rural churches with declining membership. We hope to bring them support in the form of teaching and preaching (I spoke last Sunday evening at a Lenten service), youth conferences, Bible studies, online support, etc...

We also have the broader goal of creating disciples as Christ commanded. This we are doing by creating Risley U at Camp Risley. It will be a place to teach others a multitude of things. We will have various Bible studies, classes on quilting, sewing, woodworking, farming, gardening, etc... It should be a great challenge.

2) The garden is a major priority this year. I am really pushing to have large amounts of produce grown in a few areas. We were fortunate to share an extra acre with a friend last year. That made up for my squash losses from the stink bugs.

Looks like I'm going to also partner in a bee/honey enterprise. More to come later.

3) My oldest boy graduates High School this year and is heading off to college in the Fall. My middle son is about to become an Eagle Scout and has been nominated for National Honor Society. My darling little girl continues to be the light of my life.

Those are the things on my plate for now. I hope to be back to posting regular from today on.

1 comment: